To ensure that the email we send you ends
up in your inbox, and isn't mistakenly sent to the junk folder, please
whitelist our email address, which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is information on how to whitelist
us with AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, ThunderBird and
Postini. Even if your ISP or email program is not listed, with these
instructions you should be able to figure out how to whitelist our email
address at any ISP or with any email program.
Also, if you find email from email@example.com
in your spam or junk folder, please take that opportunity to tell your
mail program that it is not spam by hitting the "not spam", "not junk"
or similar button, as that will train your program to whitelist it.
To add firstname.lastname@example.org to your
AOL address book:
1. Open an email from us and then click
the 'This Is Not Spam' button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the 'Add'
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste email@example.com into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field
6. Make our "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Primary
E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click "Save"
To whitelist email@example.com
with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a "filter" after first taking the
1. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org
is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click "Not Spam"
2. Be sure that the address email@example.com is not in your
"Blocked Addresses" list. If firstname.lastname@example.org is on
your "Blocked Addresses" list, select it and click "Remove Block"
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on "Mail
Options" in the upper right hand corner
4. Select 'Filters' (in the bottom left corner)
5. On the Filters page, click "Add"
6. Select the "From header:" rule, and add "contains" and email@example.com,
which tells the system to put email with firstname.lastname@example.org in
your inbox and not the bulk folder.
7. Click the "Choose Folder" pull down menu and select 'Inbox'
8. Pick the Add Filter button
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you
will need to add email@example.com to your Hotmail Safe List.
1. First, if you find email from us in
your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click "Not Junk"
2. Next, check to see if if the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find email@example.com
on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the
3. Next, open your mailbox and click "Options" in the upper right hand
4. At the top of the page, click on the "Junk E-mail Protection" link
5. Next, click on "Safe List", which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says "Type an
address or domain"
7. Click the "Add" button
1. First, if you find email from us in
your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the "Not Spam" button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from us
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to "Reply":
4. Click "Add Business Know-How to Contacts list"
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add email@example.com where it says "Add address"
5. Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will
need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, and then
set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address
1. First, if you find email from email@example.com
in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose "Mark as Not
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on "New Card"
5. In the "Contact" tab of the new card, copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org
to the email dialog box
6. Click "Ok"
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select "Tools > Junk Mail
Controls" from the drop down menu
8. Update the "White Lists" module under the "Settings" tab by selecting
"Personal Address Book" from the drop down menu, and then check the box
next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail"
9. Click "Ok"
Apple Mail for OS X
1. First, if email from email@example.com
ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click "Not Junk"
at the top of your screen.
2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
3. Go to the Rules tab
4. Select Add Rule
5. Give this rule a name such as "Business Know-How"
6. Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions
are met: 'From' 'Contains'" and then paste in "firstname.lastname@example.org"
7. From the actions, select 'Move message' to mailbox 'Inbox'.
8. Click "OK"
You do not need to whitelist email from
Business Know-How in Postini unless you find it trapped in the
"Junk" area by Postini.
1. Log into your Postini account
2. Look to see if any email from email@example.com is listed in
your Junk area
3. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in the Junk area,
check the check box next to the email from email@example.com
4. Click the "Deliver Selected" link at the very top of the Junk screen
5. On the next screen, click the "Approve Sender" check box next to the
email from firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Click the "Approve Selected Senders" button
Here are a few comments from our
"I've been reading your articles for about a year, and have found
them to be informative and inspirational. When I'm at my wit's end, I
come to your website and always find new ideas to solve the work problems
I face. THANKS!!!!!"
"I think I've died
and gone to business advice heaven....I
wish I'd know about you two years ago when I started my business. "
"The articles are well written
and very helpful to a small business owner."
enjoy reading your newsletters and they are such a brilliant help. The
ideas you provide are so inspiring.