Image source: Photospin.com
Oh no! You forgot about that important teleconference you were supposed to dial into at 2:00 pm. And last week, your administrative assistant set up an appointment for you with a new client at the same time you had told a job applicant to come in for an interview.
As a business owner, you wear many hats and as a result, mistakes like this aren't unusual. But they can be minimized by using digital calendars, schedulers and organizers. To help you get organized we've put together this list of free tools. Some are perfect for a one person business. Others will help you and your team work coordinate activities.
The Internet has no shortage of calendars. Here are five free online calendars you can start using right away.
- Google Calendar – Perhaps the most used and recommended free calendar online is Google's calendar. This one works best in conjunction with Google's other free services, which you can participate in more effectively by opening a Google+ account.
- Calendar Labs – Calendar Labs offers free printable calendars. You can have important dates automatically added to your calendar, create a custom calendar, create a religious calendar based on your religion's holidays, add photos to your calendar. Use it online or print it out for your own use at home or the office.
- Teamup – Teamup offers group calendars you can use for your business to help you manage your team projects better and stay on time with joint deadlines.
- Zoho – Zoho has a complete free online office suite that includes a unique calendar application. You can send and receive invitations, set up a group calendar, receive event reminders, share your calendar, and even embed it on your website.
- Coolendar – If you're more of a list person, Coolendar will organize your calendar events like a to-do list. You can sign in with your Google account and use it as a mobile app.
Free Online Schedulers
As a business professional, you need an efficient way to schedule appointments and keep up with them. Here are five free online tools to help you do that better.
- Doodle – Doodle will sync up with the popular online calendars and give you more control over your appointment setting. You can coordinate meetings and use it on your mobile phone.
- SimplyBook.Me – Here's a free and simple tool that will give you a unique URL for your appointment scheduling. SimplyBook.Me is a web-based app that will work with a variety of types of businesses for better appointment setting.
- TimeTrade – While TimeTrade offers a free scheduling tool for personal use, you will likely find its upgrade versions more efficient and manageable. They have a retail solution, an enterprise edition, a workgroup edition, and a professional edition, each with unique features geared toward that specific type of user.
- SetMore – SetMore is 100% free. You can set appointments, manage customers and staff, and maintain your busy schedule with one account.
- Appointy – Appointy is free and offers mobile appointment setting. They offer valuable support and will integrate the app with your website. You can send text messages and use it for CRM. Low-cost upgrade features are available, as well.
RELATED: 34 Free Online Tools to Help You Run Your Business
Sometimes you need something a little more robust than a simple calendar or appointment scheduler. You may need a complete life or business organizing tool. There are plenty of those online too. Here are five free organizer tools.
- DayViewer – DayViewer offers a free calendar feature and contact management solution along with an online journal. Plan events, create to-do lists, and manage your personal and professional life.
- Remember The Milk – One of the best free online tools for staying organized is Remember The Milk. It can sync up with Gmail, Google Calendar, Evernote, Outlook, and Twitter. Add items to your to-do list and never forget another appointment, event, or task.
- Evernote – Evernote is an online workspace. You can write anything from a to-do list to your magnum opus, collect photos and videos from around the Web, and even hold meetings. There is a free version, a premium version for $5/month, and a business version for $10/month. Evernote also syncs up with all of your devices to make it easy to organize your entire life.
Staying organized, on time, and profitable means using the right tools for efficiency and effectiveness. These 13 online tools will keep you running smooth as velvet.
© 2014 Attard Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved. May not be reproduced, reprinted or redistributed without written permission from Attard Communications, Inc.